Welcome to our GECU online login guide! GECU, formerly Government Employees Credit Union, is a financial holding company headquartered in El Paso, Texas. Established in 1932, GECU has grown to become one of the biggest players in the Texas financial services industry. As of today, the company has more than 359,000 members, 700 employees, 22 branches, and over $2 billion in assets.
GECU has an online platform that is meant to help its customers check account balances and due bill payments, move funds from their accounts to different accounts, view and print monthly statements, set up text or email alerts of account activity, and retrieve the history of financial transactions conveniently.
Our guide is meant to help all new GECU members access their accounts smoothly. Here are the instructions for accessing the GECU online banking services via a desktop PC or a mobile device.
GECU Online Banking Login Guidelines
1. Using your computer’s browser, visit GECU’s official website.
2. On the start page, locate the login section (can be found on the top left side of the page).
3. Choose an account type (i.e. personal or business).
4. In the first empty field, input your user ID.
5. In the second field input your password.
GECU Online Banking Mobile Login Guidelines
GECU’s platform can also be accessed via mobile devices. Users can achieve this through their mobile phones’ browsers or GECU’s mobile application. We will outline the steps for completing the GECU online login procedure via a mobile phone’s browser in this section.
1. Using your mobile device (Apple or Android device), go to GECU’s mobile optimized website.
2. Once you reach the start page, find the ‘Sign In link’ (look to the top left corner of the homepage).
3. Click on the link to reveal the login form.
4. On the new page, enter your user ID in the first empty field.
5. In the second empty field, enter your password.
6. Lastly, click on the gray ‘Log In’ button right below the login form to complete the process.
GECU Mobile Login Guidelines for Apple Users
As stated earlier, account holders can also access their accounts via the GECU apps. Here are the instructions for Apple users:
1. Visit iTunes using your Apple device.
2. Search for the GECU Mobile app and install it on your device.
3. Open the application.
4. On the homepage, enter your GECU username in the first empty slot.
5. Then input your password in the second empty field.
6. If you want your device to save your user ID, tap the ‘Save User ID’ option.
7. To access your account, tap the green ‘Log in’ link.
Keep in mind that the app is compatible with iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone and requires iOS 8.0 or higher to operate.
GECU Online Banking Mobile Login Guidelines for Android Users
Follow these steps to log into your account from the GECU application on your Android device:
1. Go to Google Play Store and find the GECU Mobile app.
2. Install the GECU app, and open it once the installation process is complete.
3. Provide your user ID and password in the first and second empty slot respectively.
4. Turn on the ‘Save User ID’ option if you want your Android device to remember your GECU user ID.
5. Then tap the green ‘Log in’ link to access your account.
The GECU Mobile app allows you to use your fingerprint to log into your account. You only need to enable Touch ID (for Apple devices) or Fingerprint ID (for Android devices) on the app. This way you limit the number of individuals who have access to your bank account irrespective of the signers listed on your bank account agreement with Government Employees Credit Union.
GECU Online Login Troubleshooting
If you lost your user ID or password, GECU provides you a secure way of getting your details back. Simply visit the login page and click on the Forgot ID or Forgot Password links. Follow the instructions to create a new user ID, password, or both.
For further GECU online login help, please visit the GECU contact and support page.